Department: Safety Management
Centre: Head Office (Waterfall)
Reporting Line: Head: Safety Performance Management
Primary Purpose of the job:
To facilitate the Safety Performance Management by accurately collecting, analysing interpreting and presenting of quantitative information including forecasting safety trends. Furthermore, to assist with research and other reporting requirements in terms of data trends about occurrences and incidents, RSR interventions as associated costs.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A minimum qualification of Post Graduate qualification in Statistics, Engineering or any other related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years research with the relevant statistical experience of which three (3) must be at managerial level
- Mathematical ability and computer literacy
- Knowledge of Transport/ Railway Industry will be an added advantage
- Advanced Excel
- Ability to communicate results and findings to non-statisticians
Key Performance Areas:
- Consult with stakeholders and seek agreement with relevant trend analysis and requirements taking into account any ethical and legislative considerations.
- Design experiments and trials or surveys to produce data.
- Conduct research often as part of a team.
- Write reports and articles for publication including State of Safety Reports.
- Assist with safety risk modelling of Regulatory Framework impact analysis based on data trends.
- Identify possible causes of occurrences and analyse trends.
- Provide projections for future planning.
- Manage the contact centre resources.
- Support the development, modification and monitoring of reporting processes and templates.
- Ensure compliance with reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the trend tracking system / dashboard.
Closing date: 31 January 2020